Week of December 4th 2006: Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village
Re-broadcast starting December 4th 2006 : viewing times open
Step into a Christmas card from the past. Donâ€™t miss the most popular holiday event in the area at the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village. On-site interviews, live carolers, candle-lit village, carriage/Model T tours and more.
Schedule of events includes:
* 4 performance stages with nonstop events
* 6 delightful holiday shops
* 7 food stops
* Live musical performances including: the Christie Street Carolers, the Main Street Carolers, the Dodworth Saxhorn Band and the 1st Michigan Colonial Fife & Drum Corps
* 6 enchanting holiday vignettes including a great photo-op
* Strolling costumed presenters
* Carriage and Model T rides
* Skilled artisan demonstrations
* Visit Santa. Santa will spend all 12 evenings of Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village with his live reindeer at the Robert Frost House.
Santa will also appear daily in Henry Ford Museum, November 25-December 24
* A real ice rink – Skates will be available for loan
* Fabulous fireworks finale and sing along
Advance reservations are recommended. Call 313.982.6001 for details. Dress for the weather as most activities are outside.